Monday, October 27, 2008

Run for Fun

A couple of teachers from school and myself decided we wanted to race. So what did we do? We entered the Tenino GhostMuster Fun Run. We ran the 5k and all set goals. The race was more of a lets see if we can all make our goals rather than who's going to be the fastest (at least that's how I looked at it). I finished 54th overall and had a time of about 30 minutes. My goal was to complete 3 miles in under 30 minutes and I did that since 5k is 3.1 miles. My first two mile were each 9 minute miles and then the cold I've been getting over told me I was to be on WOO (WithOut Oxygen). I had to stop and clear the system before continuing the race. I felt good about the race and it was a lot of fun to hang out with other faculty members outside of school.

We didn't get a picture of me crossing the finish line so just believe me that it did happen.

No comments: