Saturday, July 18, 2009

Outside games

Mackenzie has started to invent her own games. The other day we were outside and she really wanted me to play her new game with her. The new game is called Ka-Koh. I don't know how she came up with the name, but there you go. I asked her how to play Ka-Koh and from what I gather everyone spins around in a circle and the last one to fall over because they are so dizzy is the winner. My head only lasted two rounds of the game. Now she wants to play it more often. I don't know. I think we need to change the game a little.

The other game she likes to play is duck duck goose. Let me tell you it is pure excitement with just three people. Spencer has no clue what's going on he just likes to bop people on the head, Mackenzie likes to run around the circle, and I like watching my kids have fun and feed off each other.

What other summer outdoorsy type games can I play with my 3 year old and 18 month old?

2 comments:

Kami said...

We got our kids some kid-sized gardening gloves and let them help us pull weeds. They love it!

Rosanne said...

Hide and seek, with Daddy not looking very closely, of course! Tag, you're it! Daddy has to run very slowly. Freeze (Daddy has to wiggle a little bit so everything is fair). Of course, 3 year olds and 18 month olds wiggle a lot - maybe not a great game yet. And the best one - wrestling!