Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Insane

Today I did the most insane thing I have done in a while. In order to save gas Kelly and I have been riding our bikes more. I decided to ride out to school today. I was thinking 15 miles, I can do it. Then I started riding and realized what I got myself into. It started off great, I knew that I should be seeing two bike trails cross paths and I would take the one that crossed. After 50 minutes of riding I still hadn't seen it and started to think I had passed it since this was my first time using this trail. I stopped at an art gallery along the trail (go figure a gallery in the middle of no where. I was still in Olympia so I was doing it right. After 15 more minutes of riding I found the trail and had 2 miles to go. I made it to school in 1 hour 15 min. It turns out I forgot to factor in the fact that the trail goes south instead of straight east and I ended up adding about 3 miles to my trip. I made in home in about 1 hour 10 minutes pretty worn out. But I feel great for accomplishing something this challenging.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm impressed with your insanity. Good luck with your goals!