Friday, August 1, 2008

The man with many words

A little explanation of the title of this blog. One of my favorite musicians/artists is John Cage. He was the start of a style of music and art based on chance. In a poem he wrote he stated "I have nothing to say and I am saying it, and that is poetry." Cage was a loony to most people. His art and music was very much out there. What I enjoy about Cage is his philosophy that anyone can make music because music is defined as a combination of sounds and silence. When Cage refered to the phrase I have nothing to say and I am saying he would often ask questions such as "What is more musical, a truck passing a construction site or a truck passing a music school?" (I know huh?) I felt that Cage really had nothing to say. He simply loved the work he did. I see myself that way as well. I really don't have much to say when it comes to my job, I just love what I do.


In the spirit of having nothing to say here is a little video.



Well, Spencer's conversations need a little work he just goes on and on and doesn't even clue you in to what he is talking about.

No comments: