Saturday, January 10, 2009

A very busy week or two

There has been so much happening lately so I will work my way backward starting with today.
Today is Spencer's birthday. I can't believe that he is already 1 year old. Here are some of his accomplishments by age 1. He is 26 pounds. That is 4 pounds less that Mackenzie who is 19 months older. He is 30 inches tall and loves to walk. We think he is allegic to milk and has an appointment in a month to be tested. He fell over New Years and tore the little bit of skin off that connects your top lip to your gums. He bled and cried but he's better now.

Last night Kelly and I went on a double date with some of our friends. We went to a musical fireside which was more of a concert than a fireside, but to have it in the church it needed to be called a fireside. The singer was Brian Stukie (I don't know how to spell his name.) I talked with him after the concert and he kind of new me. He said I looked familiar and when I told him I was Megan's little brother it was kind of like in the movies when someones memory is jogged and everything comes back. So we chatted a little about what Megan is doing and about my choir in Rainier. Brian has a totally awesome voice.

On Thursday I was supposed to have a basketball game for my pep band to play at, unfortunately with all of the flooding that didn't happen. When I drove to school in the morning I drove through a really big puddle and when I got to school I was asked how I got there because the road I take was closed. Apparently it was closed about 5 minutes after I went through.

Wednesday the school sent home several students and teachers because the flooding was closing down several roads in our district.

Tuesday I had the first basketball game for the pepband to play at. They did rather well. It always amazes me how well my 6 man band does. They are a little hard to hear during the game, but they are there and playing. The crazy part about Tuesday was it was a double header basketball game so we played from 5:45 - 9:15. The kids did great.

Moday was a great day. I came to school with a new interactive white board. It is the coolest toy I have ever played with. I get distracted sometimes during class when I figure something new out on the board and spend five minutes showing my class what I just figured out.

Well I will have to put a video up sometime of the white board in action. It is way cool

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was actually wondering the other day what happened to Brian. That's really funny.