Wednesday, July 9, 2008

No Pain No Gain

I don't know who came up with the phrase no pain no gain, but I am sore and I weigh more. I tend to lose weight when I don't exercise and don't spend my days being so sore. (*This is simply a fluke, I just happened to weigh myself this morning and was up a pound from the last time. My muscles are really fatigued because I have been working out all week at a fairly high intensity.) It can be depressing when you know you need to exercise, but not much comes off when you do.

If you don't know my goal is to be about 210lbs. by the end of the year. Most of the work needs to be done during the summer and the school year will be about maintaining. Ideally I would like to be 190. Currently I stand at 248.

In other news, Mackenzie has started trying to distract us to delay things like nap and bedtime. We will mention that it's time to go to bed and she will say she has to go potty even though she just did 2 minutes before that, or she'll point to an old scrape and say that it hurts and needs to be kissed. Then, after this has all failed to delay the inevitable, she wants the other parent to put her to bed.

Spencer is rolling over like mad now. I have learned very quickly that a clean house keeps the parents happy because they aren't constantly pulling paper or magazines out of the mouth of small children. Maybe that's why I still lose weight with out formal exercise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the hard work. It will pay off. What are you doing for exercise?