Monday, July 14, 2008

Weight Loss update

Well, losing weight is going okay. I stepped up my work-outs this week and they are definitely more intense. I'm really tired tonight and the only reason I'm still up at 10:40 tonight is because of Spencer.

In this time of trying to lose weight I started to use sparkpeople.com (That was in April) but I was so busy with concerts and packing up my room that I just couldn't keep up with it. I started it up again and have found it to be helpful with exercising because they have strength training exercises that don't need a gym or any equipment really.

While exploring sparkpeople I found some recipes that I really like. Here's one that we had tonight for Dinner:

Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup salsa
1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning (Half packet was more than enough)
1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed) (I used cream of chicken)
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream (This is more to taste than anything)
(Next time I am going to shred the chicken and add black beans)

Directions

Add chicken to slow cooker.
Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
Pour salsa and soup over chicken.
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
Serve with rice or in a tortilla


Number of Servings: 6

No comments: